Hey Kirk, Can I just use one coat of plaster veneer on a wall instead of two, I can, but it does require a wee bit of skill and practice.
Howdy guys and gals, kirk here, your favorite internal rendering and plastering professional with some tips as your Basic guide to applying only one coat of plaster veneer.
Ol Kirk does not advice it, I did it here as this wall already had strength from an exterior stucco system.
FYI, although we make interior render or plaster appear visually easy, However it usually take about 10 to 15 years of hands on experience to understand how to mix and apply interior render especially in one coat, of course Jason My son makes my job easier as he always makes perfect mud.
thus once more this video is your Basic guide to exterior rendering & plastering,
tip, make certain you hire the right plastering and or rendering plaster company in your area.
Take it from me interior rendering & plastering material knowledge is 70% of being a well rounded Rendering plastering contractor, the other 30% is applications, usually if a company can spread one sand and cement render material they most likely can spread all cement renders materials, the understanding of what these rendering cement plasters can do is up to your contractor’s experience mixed with bit of attentiveness to understand what each cement Render plaster is engineered for, thus the beginning of rendering plaster wisdom.
Lasly, I recommend a base coat first allow this base to dry then apply the finish coat.
Yes, I did it all in one finish coat with Imperial as it’s a bit tougher to apply than diamond but a stronger bond and finish.
Why do I want a strong bond? Excellent question, glad you asked,
If you apply as thick as I did in this video and with one coat it will usually hairline or chatter crack, however if you know how to bring the fat back out before completely set and not go to heavy a hand the finish coat will not blister from the wall.
Takes a wee bit of practice.
Kirk Giordano Plastering Inc.
can I just use one coat of plaster veneer
Basic guide to external rendering
video guide to exterior rendering & plastering
restoring original render, The rendering channel
you tubes most watched rendering and stucco videos
Our most Popular rendering plaster video’s below
Finishing veneer plastering system, Imperial and one coat veener,
single coat veneer plaster work, internal one coat render veneer plaster systems, veneer plaster work, 1 coat veneer plaster work